Gilly’s take on Katy
Katy has seriously extensive experience in large scale logistics in the festival, entertainment, creative and experiential sector. She has been the driving force behind some of the UK’s major outdoor festivals where her portfolio has covered the planning and delivery of 15 fabulous festivals across the UK across consecutive weekends. From running logistics at T in the Park to organising and live streaming a BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra concert – Katy’s logistical knowledge is second to none.
Katy is a dynamic and engaging leader and has an innate ability to bring diverse teams of people together. We are thrilled to have her join the YOURgb team.
Katy’s career highlights
- Leading the Processions (Edinburgh) in 2018. A procession that had to be carefully timed for live TV on the BBC, it wasn’t just a case of following a route. The event took place across 4 cities, London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast.
- Being part of the Site Management team overseeing the build of the Pyramid and Other Stage areas at Glastonbury. The Pyramid stage is truly iconic and I could see it come to life minute by minute from the site office window, we were on site for 5 weeks.
- Overseeing and managing the logistics for a touring festival. 17 trucks, 13 consecutive weekends and 15 live shows. Audiences ranging from 10000 – 20,000 at each show.
- Managing the Artist Liaison logistics for Social Bites Sleep in the Park 2018. Moving 3 headline acts across 4 stages in 4 cities on one night in December! Starting in Aberdeen, then to Dundee, onto Glasgow and the finale in Edinburgh……….and meeting the 11pm noise curfew in Princes Street Gardens!
I have a forklift licence.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Thoreau
- Planning and organisation
Favourite Instagram account
@condenasttraveller – I love to travel. The world is there to be explored.
The best compliment Katy has received
“Katy has been the glue for the event and team. She brought the team together, identified their key strengths, focussed in on the client’s vision and produced an event that exceeded everyone’s expectations”